Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Prairie Sampler Block of the Month Quilt

When I joined the Kempenfelt Quilter's Guild two weeks ago, they were starting a mystery block of the month program that members could sign up for a $5 fee.  I've never done a BOM quilt, nor have I done a mystery one.  Every time I've come across a mystery quilt on line, I've always peeked ahead to see if I liked it or not.  This time I'm just determined to blindly leap in... enjoy the process... and just wait and see how it turns out.

The final quilt is supposed to fit together like puzzle pieces.  It has a Prairie Sampler theme.  The first block we had to make is a windmill.  We were to make 4 blocks and join them together.  I worked on mine from start to finish today.  Total time was about 4 hours.  That includes having to take apart one block and redoing it... the windmill blades rotated in the opposite direction... something we weren't cautioned about in the pattern.  Guess I'll have to pay closer attention.

I'm not really sure what direction I'm taking with the colour scheme... except that I like the scrappy look... I find it more interesting to look at than just a few fabrics.  So far I am using fabric that I already have in my stash.


SEPTEMBER 2010 BOM - windmills


No comments:

Post a Comment