Sunday, September 19, 2010

Out with the Old... A lot of It!

Wow, I'm exhausted!  We spent the whole afternoon tackling our basement and have managed to clean out one of three rooms.  Learning to let go of stuff is so difficult.  Thankfully my son was helping me and convincing me that we don't really need all this stuff.  It is so liberating to be finally rid of it!  The room looks so clean and empty... finally roomy enough for the plumber to replace our pipes.  It's a great motivation to continue on with the rest of the basement.  Perhaps in a few days or weeks.

For now, my front porch has 4 recycle bins that are overflowing.  The garbage pail is full, with extra bags lined up next to it.  The van is packed full of stuff for charity... there is only room for a driver.  All in all, we have removed the equivalent of 22 bags of stuff from our home today!  That combined with my previous total of 6, brings the current count to 28 out of 50.

Decluttered 28 bags of stuff out of 50

No comments:

Post a Comment