Saturday, September 25, 2010

Retro Gal at Heart

11.  Fun Retro Purse ~ for me... Because I love it!!!

I've heard it said, that if you have already done a decade you shouldn't revisit it!  But really... come on... I can't help it... So ya, I'm a retro gal at heart.  I found these fabrics in the merchant mall at the Simcoe County Quilt and Rug Fair... and well, they are so me!  I've had this purse in mind for a while and was just waiting for the right fabrics... and... bam!... there they were!


The purse design is based on the Sherbert Bag pattern by Melly and Me with some design modifications made by myself.  I am pleased with the results.  It is the first time I have used fusible pelon on the bag and I'm still not really sure if I like it.  It does help the bag hold its shape, but the fabric loses some of its suppleness.  Maybe as the purse is used, some of the stiffness will come out and I'll like it more. 

It is also the first time I have used a magnetic clasp.  It was so easy to install and works really well.  I would definitely use them again.


12.  Quack!  Duck Feet Baby Socks

These are so cute!!!  I found the pattern in a library book (Cute Knits for Baby Feet, by Sue Whiting)  and just had to make them!   I have been collecting gift items that go with a rubber ducky theme and these would be perfect!  I had some difficulty understanding the directions for shaping the heel but I think I got it... or at least close enough.
I used 1 ball of Paton's Astra (a sport weight yarn) and have enough left over to make at least one more pair.


13.  Coin Purse

This is a coin purse I made for Katelyn to match her book bag.  I will give it to her for her birthday with a peace necklace in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment