Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Declutter Dilema

Yesterday, I was looking around our master bedroom and couldn't take it any more.  It has become a dumping ground.  I long for it to be a place of peace and tranquility, but it has become an unsafe area where things get tripped over at night. 

What happened, you ask???

Well, our son who has been away at University for the past 3 years, decided that for this 4 month work term he would move back home and purchase a car.  Somehow it seemed more appealing to be a car owner and do an hour commute, than to rent a place in a small community with no public transportation.  Anyway, we love our son dearly and welcome him home with open arms, refrigerator, maid service....etc...
The problem comes with the fact that I had used his room as a craft/sewing/storage room and had to quickly empty it for his arrival home.  All that stuff got dumped in the master bedroom, upstairs hallway, and diningroom.  Now all I see about me is MESS!!!!  Arghhhh.... and yes, its getting to me!

So... added to the list of goals... declutter 50 bags of stuff from my home.  This one takes priority and I sure hope I accomplish it well before the three years are up.  In fact, within the next 2 months.

Yesterday, I managed to through out 4 bags of garbage and 2 bags plus a laundry hamper for charity.  The guys noticed the difference right away when they came home from work, which was rewarding, because I thought I had barely made a dent in it.

Accomplished 6 bags out of 50!

No comments:

Post a Comment