Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sewing Projects continued...

5.  Flirty Apron - for Heather V's bridal shower.  This two-sided flirty apron was fun to sew.  It is sort of my own design, but not totally, not enough that I would ever publish it.  It is base on a couple different ones I have seen while browsing the web.  I purchased the gloves from Dollarama and added the matching black ruffle to the top.
Inside the pocket, I put a ziploc bag with some Mint TicTacs and Lip Balm and large paper lips saying "Kiss the Cook".





I added a matching ruffle to these gloves.

6.  Flirty Apron - for Natalie's bridal shower.  This one is almost the same as the one made for Heather except that the edge along the top is different.  I'm not sure which design I like better, but I had fun making both.




7.  50s Half Apron - for Heather D's bidal shower.  This one I made similar to the ones shown on this website http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=38097.msg332607  only I changed the shape of the bottom edge.  When I printed the pocket, I think my printer may have shrunk the pattern size, as it turned out smaller than I would have wished.  I also put my "Kiss the Cook" Lip Balm and Mint TicTacs in each of Natalie's and Heather's apron pockets as well.  I also wrote a poem to go with each one.  It is as follows...

When you put on this magical apron of old,
Just watch its ancient mysteries unfold.
For “Retro Woman” you’ll become!
Its super powers will be most welcome
To give you the energy to get the chores done
For cooking and cleaning could never be more fun!

Flash forward to the modern day life.
You no longer need to be the perfect housewife.
With modern conveniences in every household,
Today’s woman is more bold
For she works outside the house
And yet provides a loving home for her spouse.

Still one thing these Retro Women had right,
Was to welcome their Hubby home every night.
For these Super Women of the past
Knew how to make a marriage last.
“Greet your loved one with a Kiss
For continued Wedded Bliss!”



No comments:

Post a Comment