Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Queen of Clean

A funny thing happened today as I was dusting off my dresser.  I have a wonderful pink plastic tiara that sits around my lamp base taking up space and collecting dust.  True to Fly Lady's criteria, I asked myself...

Do I use it?... No.

Do I need it?... No.

Do I love it?... YES!!!

You see a young co-worker, who recognized my need to let loose once in a while, gave it to me the week before my 41st Birthday and told me that everyone should feel like a princess on her birthday.  I told her that I'd be in Chicago on holiday with my family for that day and she made me promise that I would take a picture of me wearing it.  My daughter and I decided that Buchingham Fountain would be the perfect place for a photo since it sounded regal.  I discretely carried the tiara to the fountain and dutifully put it on.  My daughter took her sweet time taking the photo as she was relishing my embarassment, as I stood there looking dumb, and telling her to hurry up and take the stupid photo.  I did feel like a princess in a ridiculus fun sort of way.   That was 6 years ago.






Flash forward to today...

Holding that tiara in my hands, I couldn't resist the urge to place it on my head.  A magical transformation took place... I became the Queen of Clean!  A super hero of my own making!   Able to clean with renewed energy and with a smile beaming on my face!  Suddenly cleaning didn't seem like such drudgery.  For now I am a Queen... a Queen who doesn't mind to clean... well almost.  Its only a tiara, not a magic wand.
I am thinking a tiara should become my new cleaning uniform.


I never thought I'd take a picture of me posing with a toilet brush...
Have I gone nuts? !!




(If you struggle at all with household organization, check out Flylady.net  She has been a great help to me.)

Working towards goal #13.  Declutter 50 bags of stuff from my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment