Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Other Book Covers

These are some previous book covers I have done.  They are not counted as part of my 50 projects as they were completed before May.

This is the very first book cover I made.  It is completely original - no design elements were copied.  The face is supposed to be me - minus the glasses - I look very young without added wrinkles! lol  This cover is for a scrapbook of mine that I continually add to.  It is a record of my health and ambitions toward a healthier lifestyle.
The only guidlines I had when making this cover were self-imposed.
1.  Use only scraps.
2.  Cannot buy any new fabrics.
3.  Cannot use a seam ripper - gotta learn to let the imperfections go.
4.  Be free to experiment,  and embelish with things you don't normally use, ie. beads, metalic thread, varigated thread, etc.
I am very happy with the results!



The next cover I made was for a 3" wide binder for my friend Pam's 50th Birthday.  Its intended use is for her to store her quilt patterns.  The backgrounds are all original.  The 2 trees and chickadee patterns are from the book, "Spirit of the Northwoods" by Debbie Field.





My next cover was for our Wedding Bible.  It has been well used for the past 23 years, and in need of a little TLC.  For Valentine's Day, I repaired it as best I could with tape and made this cover as a gift to my husband.
The cover is totally original.  I do not mind people using it for inspiration for their own project, but please don't reproduce it to publish or sell.




Inside cover with pocket, Back inside is same.

This is a fun little bookmark I made using the paper foundation piecing method.
This is not an original.  I don't know who to credit with that.  As far as I know, you're free to make as many as you wish.  I'd be cautious about selling them though.


No comments:

Post a Comment