Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Yea! We're Going to Vegas!

On Monday night, my husband I had a "meeting" to book our next vacation.  He still has some vacation time to use up and while we wanted to go somewhere warmer, we weren't enthused about going to the Caribbean during hurricane season.  We both have always wanted to see the lights of Vegas (hey, I grew up in a small northern city far from any big cities) and marvel at the wonder of the Grand Canyon.  Now it looks like we will do both.

I must admit that I'm a little nervous about it all.  Neither of us have been in an airplane since our Honeymoon 23 1/2 years ago.  Now we have booked flights with a stopover both ways (4 flights in all!).  Up until now, I've always booked our hotels through Expedia mostly.  This time we were booking flights, hotel rooms, car rental, theatre tickets (Phantom of the Opera), travel and medical insurance all at once!  It was a little overwhelming to say in the least!  It actually was quite easy to do on Expedia, but I am still a little anxious and second guessing myself...  I'm usually more slower paced and methodical when it comes to vacation planning.  We plan to leave in a couple of weeks!  Yikes!... I mean Yea!  I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment