Sunday, February 6, 2011

When assembling the 4 pinwheels for December's block, I found out that I had joined the half triangle squares of one block together so that it spun in the opposite direction to the rest.  Rather than take the block all apart, it was easier to make  another one.  So now I have a spare pinwheel block.  Perhaps I will be able to find a use for it in the final quilt assembly. 

December's BOM
pinwheels

Oops!  An extra block, fins go in wrong direction.

January's block was far more difficult than the others.  It used a combination of techniques from the previous months blocks.  Somehow I made my seams just  a smidgen smaller than they should have been.  Now the final block  measures 17 by 17 instead of 16.5 square.  My points turned out perfect and I don't want to take it apart.  Perhaps I can make some adjustments when the final quilt top is assembled.  It was suggested that you do some featured quilting or applique in the large  triangle areas.  Hmmm.... will wait until more of the mystery is unravelled until I decide.  I am wondering about appliqueing a prairie rose, just because the quilt is titled A Prairie Sampler. 

January BOM
Diagonal Four Patch


No comments:

Post a Comment