Thursday, February 3, 2011

More sewing/quilt projects from December

20.  A Half Apron for Katelyn

Katelyn and I spent part of a day, designing and sewing this half apron for her.  It was a fun Mother/Daughter time.  The star print on the ruffle is her favourite of the two fabrics.  I had fun making the ruffled heart pocket.  I don't think the apron is particularly functional, but it's cute!




21.  A Binder Cover

I made this quilted cover for my friend Trudy, for her 50th birthday.  I put some clear page protector sheets inside with a few patterns.  I also added a crib/craft sized pkg of warm and natural quilt batting.
I purchase the printed quilt panel 2 years ago and was just looking for the right idea for its use.  This cover turned out quite fun.  I have enough panel pieces left over to make two more binder covers.  Hmm... I'd like to make one or two for myself.








22.  Pink Purse for President's Challenge

At my first guild meeting, back in September, our president issued each member a challenge... to make a quilted item out of fabrics that matched the paint chip card in the sealed envelop that was placed on our seats at the start of the evening.  My original impression was that the pinks were outdated and that I'd never find anything to match.  Well, I was wrong.  The first store I walked in to had these two floral fabrics that had all the paint chip colours in them.  I designed this purse based on a wool one I saw in a library book.  I have made so many changes to it, that I don't think it qualifies as the same purse any more.  I believe, I can confidently call it my own design.  I added the pinwheels and stitched around some of the flowers in the fabric so that it would qualify as a quilted item, not just sewn.  I also added a cell phone pocket and a zippered pocket.

Although I did not win the Viewer's Choice at January's guild meeting, I have a cheery pink purse for spring and summer!  The paint chip card was a neat idea to use for selecting colours that will go well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment