Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sewing Projects for December

15.  More Receiving Blankets

I fell in love with this penguin Christmas fabric and made this receiving blanket for my new nephew Gideon.
I also loved the frog fabric.  This one went to a co-worker of my daughter's.



16.  Knitted Baby Socks

I just love knitting these things... especially if the yarn is patterned.  Its always a mystery as to how the sock will turn out.




17.  Large Purse

This was a Christmas gift for my sister-in-law, Rebeka.  It is large enough to double as a diaper bag if she wishes, but not baby enough to look like one.


18.  Sugar Loaf Purses / Bags

I made two of these cute purses / Cosmetic Bags for Gifts... one to match Rebeka's purse, and the other as a Birthday gift for my neice.  I filled it with a package of Skittles, some Skittles flavoured Lip Smackers, some small Toblerone chocolates and a gift card.  What fun!  She loved the fabric.




19.  Baby Slippers

I came across a free pattern on the internet to make these baby slippers.  I had fun making them for my new nephew, Gideon.  I made a size 0 which just fits snuggly if he has thin socks on.  I will be making him another pair in a larger size.  Note to self... make at least a size 1 for newborn gifts.




No comments:

Post a Comment